How Testing Plays a Huge Role in the Food industry
Today more than ever, the food industry needs a solid quality management system, unbiased information as well as food testing that gives accurate results. Food testing is one of the most critical steps in the food manufacturing process as it indicates the confirmation of safety for use. It is this that plays a huge role in the survival of a food business in the long term as well as keeps it safe from legal scrutiny.
In this blog, you are going to discover the many answers to:
- What is food testing?
- Why is it necessary?
Let’s get started!
What is Food Testing?
Food testing plays a vital role in the production of good, valuable and harmless food products.
The food industry today is in dire need of an inspection as adulteration is a prevalent phenomenon in the food industry and testing ensures that good quality food products are produced to protect public health as well as the safety of consumers.
Therefore, food testing becomes crucial and plays a significant role.
Why Does Food Need Testing?
Food testing and analysis helps in providing food manufacturers with traceability in their industry and also be sure that their food products are safe, do not contain any contaminants, residues or bacteria as well as provide accurate nutritional information to consumers.
Here is how testing benefits the food production business:
- Customers: Protects and guaranteed prevention to customers from food-borne diseases.
- Manufacturers: Assures product safety, approval to enter the market, and aids in brand reputation which in turn, leads to an increase in business ventures.
Techniques that take place in a food testing laboratory:
- Analytical chemistry testing: This helps to identify, separate and even find the quantity of the chemical components of natural and artificial materials in the food product such as pH, additives, nutrients, preservatives, contaminants, minerals and much more.
- Microbiology testing: This food testing helps food manufacturers identify the microorganisms that inhabit the food and understand the safety of the raw materials used in food production, ingredients as well as the final product. This is also used to test and examine spoiled pathogens to prevent food poisoning outbreaks that are generally caused by the products and the ingredients used in the products. This is also a necessity otherwise the whole supply chain can be contaminated and disrupted in the process of food production, leading to not only a danger to the general public but also a hefty loss of money.
- Food allergen test: Food allergens are proteins that appear in huge quantities. It helps to find the main target allergen in the ingredients and finished food product. Normally allergens are tested in food products such as peanuts, gluten in grains, eggs, nuts and milk, etc.
- Nutritional analysis: This area in food testing provides accurate information on the nutritional content of food products. This gives manufacturers the required details to include it on food packaging and ensure that they are following all compliances and labelling regulations.
Note: Another important thing to remember is that different countries have different compliances and regulations, so it is crucial for food manufacturers to be fully aware of these before they initiate distribution there.
Why Green Solution for Food Testing?
At Green Solution, we have both the management and technical expertise as well as use effectively-calibrated and the most advanced equipment for reports that provide consistently reliable and accurate results.
What sets us apart from the rest:
- Commitment to quality testing
- Certified and highly skilled laboratory technicians
- Every test is under strict confidentiality, honesty and is a value for money.
- Customer-focused and impeccable reputation
Remember, if any food business is caught violating FSSAI regulations of food safety and hygiene or even making any false nutritional claims, the law levies upon them either a huge fine or stripping away their business license. Thus, rigorous food testing is the best way to ensure the quality and safety of a food product before it hits the market and is the only certain way your business can succeed in the long run.
Admin May 24, 2021