Why Air Quality Monitoring & Testing is Important?
Air quality is defined as how clean or polluted the air is. Monitoring and testing air quality are not only important due to the polluted air that can be bad for our health but can also cause irreversible damage to the health of the environment.
Air quality monitoring and testing is thereby, the process of sampling out as well as testing emissions in the air. It aids in gaining a deep understanding of the pollutants in the air over a period of time. It can also show trends and patterns such as whether the air is improving or deteriorating.
In this blog, you are going to find out the importance of air quality and monitoring and how it can be useful for both the environment and an industrial facility.
How Air Quality Monitoring & Testing Saves the Day?
When pollutants are emitted into the air, they are out of control and are dictated by weather. As we know whether all around the world is constantly changing so studying only air pollution is not sufficient to indicate air quality and the effects it has.
Air quality monitoring can go deeply into these matters and not only help to measure the type of pollutants but also their concentrations which can be analyzed and interpreted further. Besides, it is this information that can be used to devise future actions.
It also helps determine the exact areas in the country with more pollutants and the types of pollutants resulting from industrial practices.
Air quality monitoring also encompasses vital meteorological parameters such as wind direction, speed, temperature as well as humidity.
The other 2 very important aspects that air quality monitoring and testing can help with are:
- To plan for the reduction of pollution. For example- there will be a % drop in pollution if traffic is reduced by 50%, etc.
- Aid in industrial plant planning such as can one open an industrial plant near the city and what will be the impact of this air quality on the city or another industry.
Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx), Suspended Particulate Matter (SPM) & Respirable Suspended Particulate Matter (RSPM / PM10) are crucial pollutants to monitor and test according to the pollution control board.
In industrial premises, air quality monitoring plays a vital role in ensuring that workers are not exposed to gases that are harmful to health. These include all chemical, physical and biological hazards. These hazards are detrimental and can result in losing man-hour as well as additional costs and legal battles due to negligence.
By identifying and recognizing these gases and their behaviour by air quality monitoring and testing, these potential exposure risks can be greatly reduced.
The following things can be covered under air quality testing:
- Determination of the amount of emission.
- Name of the gas and its presence in the atmosphere in percentage.
- Potential health hazards caused.
- Solutions to reducing emissions
- Implement controls and determine their effectiveness.
Why Green Solution for Air Quality Monitoring & Testing?
We offer air quality monitoring and testing services for a wide range of industries. With a well-known reputation, guaranteed excellence, accurate results, and first-grade equipment, we are your one-stop solution.
Our key features include but are not limited to:
- Well-calibrated and advanced instruments for accurate readings
- Modern techniques
- Proficient, knowledgeable and qualified professionals
- Complete guaranteed satisfaction
- Recognized and appreciated by all our clients.
So, don’t wait up! Get an air quality test done today!
Admin May 20, 2021